jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: concurrent writes (JCR-314)
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:12:09 GMT
Pablo Rios wrote:
> Regarding the steps below required to support concurrent writes, what
> considerations should be taken into account in connection with JCR-18 issue ?

IMO JCR-18 should be closed as fixed and new issues should be created as new
deadlocks are observed. e.g. JCR-962.

as jackrabbit evolved, new synchronization and locking was added to the core. I
think their usage should be reviewed and changed accordingly. most important,
the sequence when locks are acquired.

> How does the Shared ISM instance for the global VersionManager works ?

it works just like a SharedISM of a regular workspace, except that it doesn't
have virtual item state providers attached.

regards
  marcel