jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: JCR to WebDav adapter
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:01:59 GMT
hi matt

> Let me see if I can grasp the concept of the SPI.
>
> The SPI contribution contains two things:
> 1) A JCR implementation that handles transient storage (I didn't see
> this in the code base, but I did see a jcr2spi and a spi2jcr)
> 2) A SPI implementation that handles the persistence of that storage
>       I'm guessing on save in session.
...an upon all workspace operations.

actually there are 3 things:

1) the JCR implementation (jcr2spi)
2) the SPI interfaces
3) various implementations of the SPI
    -> spi2jcr
    -> spi-rmi
    -> spi2dav

> Here are a few Questions:
> 1) Does anyone have any information on the spi2dav contribution?

its the counterpart of the JCRWebDavServer. i.e. it
translates the spi calls to webdav calls in a way that the jcr-server
can deal with it.

> Or
> know of anyone that I could ask about that contribution (Julian?)?

julian is working on its own SPI implementation, which does not
form part of the jackrabbit project. as far as i understood, the
repository he connects to is a webDAV server.

> 2) Are there any javadocs for the SPI?

you can create them in you jackrabbit checkout by running

mvn javadoc:javadoc

inside the spi contrib. the documentation is still quite
sparse, but it may be sufficient to get an overview. in
addition there are a couple of overview-images in the
docs folder.

angela