jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: how can i speed up nodeiterator?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:32:07 GMT
Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> In the way that I would have written it, I would have stored all the node
> properties/values, everything i need to construct the Node into the lucene
> index.  In this way, I would just have to construct the Node from the lucene
> document.

there was an recent post on the dev list which suggested exactly this, and
resulted in a enhancement request. see: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-855

> I suspect that this is not what is occuring, rather, lucene is providing a
> pointer to the node and the node must be constructed via db calls, etc...
>
> If anyone can provide further detail on this, I would appreciate it.

This is correct. The query handler only provides the UUIDs of the nodes that
matched the query. The actual Node instance is then retrieved from the
persistence manager if it is not already cached in jackrabbit.

regards
  marcel