jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Query - Row - multivalued properties
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:18:27 GMT
Frédéric Esnault wrote:
> I'm wondering, when using a RowIterator on a query retrieving properties
> (//element(*, ns:mytype)/@ns:myprop).
>
> The getColumnNames() and getValue() association works correctly, but fails
> when dealing with a multivalued property.
>
> How are we supposed to get the property values?

you need to get the node either through the NodeIterator on the QueryResult or
using the jcr:path column and then retrieve the node using the session. once you
have the node use node.getProperty(propName).getValues()

> The Row interface proposes the methods :
>
> getValues() : returns all the values;
>
> getValue(String prop_name) : return the value of the property name given as a
> parameter.
>
> Shouldn't it propose another method :
>
> getValues(String prop_name), returning the values of the multivalued property
> given as a parameter.
>
> As for now, I don't now how to get my multivalued props values...Jackrabbit
> doesn't like multivalued properties, it seems...

this is not jackrabbit specific but defined in the jsr 170 specification.

regards
  marcel