jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Persistence SearchIndex to database
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:53:15 GMT
Gary Dong wrote:
> 2. Assume it is a feasible idea. I configured the <SearchIndex> element by
> provide a <FileSystem> which is configured as OracleFileSystem in my
> <Workspace> configuration as below. When I run the application  I noticed
> that the  search index is still on local file system.
>
> Can anyone tell how I can persistence search index in the database?

this is currently not possible. there once was an implementation that used the
FileSystem abstraction, but it was removed again because the performance was
bad. for certain operations the lucene query handler reads from the index files
in a random access fashion, which is not possible with the FileSystem API.

please file a jira issue if you wish to see this implemented.

regards
  marcel