jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: How fragile is XMLPersistenceManager?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:25:32 GMT
More or less 100k nodes in the workspace

Version histories are also stored using the XMLPM and there are more or
less 500k version nodes

Regards,
Cédric

Frédéric Esnault a écrit :
> Could you tell us how many contents you have in your repository? (I mean one 20Gb file
or 1 million smaller contents, 50 000, ...)

> Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D
> Legisway
> 60 boulevard de la mission Marchand
> 92400 Courbevoie La Défense

beyond my control...  Like today!

>> I have been running my jackrabbit repo in the test environment with the XMLPersistenceManager

>> How fragile is this persistance manager? I wouldn't worry if a certain node would
be corrupted if the JVM is killed in the middle of writing an XML file, but is it possible
for the entire repository to be corrupted?  That of course would be very, very bad...

>> Is the SimpleDbPersistenceManager the only safe bet?
>>
>> How hard is to to migrate from one persistence manager to another?  Is it a custom
migration that I would have to write to manually read one repo and write to the other?

>> Thanks for all your help!
>>
>> BTW, stitches on jackrabbit is going to be powering all the data-driven (not design
elements) images for one of the top tourism sites in the country :)

--
Cédric Damioli
Directeur de projets