jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: How fragile is XMLPersistenceManager?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 15:19:57 GMT
Phillip Rhodes a écrit :
> Long story short, I need to rush some applications to production because of circumstances
beyond my control...  Like today!

> I have been running my jackrabbit repo in the test environment with the XMLPersistenceManager

> How fragile is this persistance manager? I wouldn't worry if a certain node would be
corrupted if the JVM is killed in the middle of writing an XML file, but is it possible for
the entire repository to be corrupted?  That of course would be very, very bad...

> Is the SimpleDbPersistenceManager the only safe bet?
>
> How hard is to to migrate from one persistence manager to another?  Is it a custom migration
that I would have to write to manually read one repo and write to the other?

> Thanks for all your help!
>
> BTW, stitches on jackrabbit is going to be powering all the data-driven (not design elements)
images for one of the top tourism sites in the country :)

I've had such needs two years ago, and I also deployed an app on top of
the XMLPM (at dev time, others PM simply did not exist)
After two years in production, and a quite big repository (~20 Gb data),
we encountered no inconsistencies.

The only probleme was the JCR-692
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-692), which we resolved by
changing the FS on the Linux box.