jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luca Fiscato <luca.fisc...@eng.it>
Subject Database Persistence Backup
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:40:33 GMT
Hi all,

I configured jackrabbit to store all the contents (data, version, index
...) into a database (oracle, mysql, and postgres) and it works fine.
The problem occur when I try to migrate the data from a database to
another one (also if the database vendor is the same).
When I try to connect to the new database jackrabbit throws an exception
like 'Duplicate key entry ....' and it doesn't work.
For example: I have all my jackrabbit data into a mysql server 1 and  I
migrate all the data to the mysql server 2, then, when I try to connect
to the new database I have an exception.
I know that a backup tool exists but it's easier to migrate the database.
Anyone knows the problem ?
It's an architectural choice or a bug ?

P.S.  using file system for persistence and changing the location of the
repository folder jackrabbit continues to work, I think it should act in
the same way also if  I change the database repository.

View raw message