jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Paging results
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 09:31:37 GMT
Ronaldo Florence wrote:
> I'm trying to page the results of a Xpath query, but I'm not sure how to do
> this. I used the skip method on the NodeIterator class, but I can't bring
> every node to memory, I need to page the results on the query, I have a
> large amount of data so it's imperative to do so.
>
> I tried the following query:
>
> //site/Dados/element(*, mtx:content)[position()=1 or position()=2 or
> position()=3]

jackrabbit only has limited support for the position() function, mainly to
address same name siblings.

the skip method is exactly what you should use. the returned NodeIterator loads
the nodes on a lazy basis. which means jackrabbit will only load nodes that you
actually access and none of the skipped ones.

regards
  marcel