jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Performance problem
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 09:15:30 GMT
Ronaldo Florence wrote:
> I'm using Jackrabbit for a new CMS project, and everything was going well,
> untill I import some data into the repository, let's say 35349 registrys,
>>from a XML file.  The problem is, when I try to do anything in the
> repository it kills any server I put it into. When I try to execute:
>
>         ///element(*, mtx:metaData) order by @mpt:title ascending
>
> It simply takes 20 min to bring everything. My application have a interface
> that uses an Ajax Grid, that doesn't work anymore because of this issue. Is
> there any configuration I can do so that jackrabbit perform better?

can you tell us more what your application does? how much time is spent
executing the query? do you iterate over the complete result set?

> Would it do better if I put the repository into PostgreSQL?

depending on your application and how it uses jackrabbit you will get better
performance when you use the new BundlePersistenceManager in jackrabbit 1.3.

regards
  marcel