jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Miguel Ángel Jiménez" <miguel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: concurrent writes (JCR-314)
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:57:41 GMT
Well, perhaps you can apply the same pattern with cache. If cache integrity
is needed and hence locking, you could delegate the actual lock management
on the cache itself. The point is to convert all the objects that require
exclusive access into thread-safe objects (reviewing its public methods and
protecting only those needed) instead of manage the lock outside them. This
strategy minimizes the time a lock is held so potentially you can achieve
more performance.

I've not reviewed the code deeply, so perhaps I'm missing something. Let me
know anyway, I'm very interested on improving the jackrabbit performance in
multi-threaded environments, so I'm completely at your disposal.

Best regards,

--
Miguel.