jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rafał Kwiecień <ra...@consol.pl>
Subject Re: concurrent writes (JCR-314)
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 07:32:06 GMT
Dnia sobota, 2 czerwca 2007 11:25, Marcel Reutegger napisał:
> Rafał Kwiecień wrote:
> > The patch ( FineGrainedISMLocking.patch) allows to read (from cache)
> > during writing but concurrent writes are still not possible. I need to
> > know when concurrent writes in the jackrabbit will be possible. In a
> > month, year ?
>
> I'd say most probably not within a month.
Ok.So, how long it can take? 2 or 3 months? half year ?
It is important to me to know when this feature will be available.

> What persistence manager do you use? with the patch you mentioned it should
> be possible to read not just from the cache but also from the persistence
> manager during a non-conflicting write.
I use BundlePersistenceManager. Methods in that persistence manager are
synchronized. So, there is not possible to read anything during write.

BTW. If I use FineGrainedISMLocking, sometimes I see a warning in logs:
WARN  [.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex] Exception while creating document for
node: aad7aa6a-5baf-4a33-b88d-f39f713aad1a: javax.jcr.RepositoryException:
Missing child node entry for node with id:
aad7aa6a-5baf-4a33-b88d-f39f713aad1a
Does it mean that some node has not been indexed ?
When I use DefaultISMLocking, I don't get warnings.

Thanks,
Rafał

--
Rafał Kwiecień
ConSol* Consulting & Solutions Software Poland Sp. z o.o.