jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ronaldo Florence" <rflore...@nexen.com.br>
Subject RES: Performance problem
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:12:28 GMT
Thanks Marcel,

My app is a CMS, and the grid lists some content... We kind of solved the
problem by setting the resultFetchSize parameter in the rep config file.

But we will try the new BundlePersistenceManager that you talked about.

Thanks a lot.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Marcel Reutegger [mailto:marcel.reutegger@gmx.net]
Enviada em: sábado, 2 de junho de 2007 06:16
Para: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Assunto: Re: Performance problem

Ronaldo Florence wrote:
> I'm using Jackrabbit for a new CMS project, and everything was going
> well, untill I import some data into the repository, let's say 35349
> registrys,
>>from a XML file.  The problem is, when I try to do anything in the
> repository it kills any server I put it into. When I try to execute:
>         ///element(*, mtx:metaData) order by @mpt:title ascending
> It simply takes 20 min to bring everything. My application have a
> interface that uses an Ajax Grid, that doesn't work anymore because of
> this issue. Is there any configuration I can do so that jackrabbit perform

can you tell us more what your application does? how much time is spent
executing the query? do you iterate over the complete result set?

> Would it do better if I put the repository into PostgreSQL?

depending on your application and how it uses jackrabbit you will get better
performance when you use the new BundlePersistenceManager in jackrabbit 1.3.

View raw message