jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject How fragile is XMLPersistenceManager?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:31:32 GMT

Long story short, I need to rush some applications to production because of circumstances
beyond my control...  Like today!

I have been running my jackrabbit repo in the test environment with the XMLPersistenceManager

How fragile is this persistance manager? I wouldn't worry if a certain node would be corrupted
if the JVM is killed in the middle of writing an XML file, but is it possible for the entire
repository to be corrupted?  That of course would be very, very bad...

Is the SimpleDbPersistenceManager the only safe bet?

How hard is to to migrate from one persistence manager to another?  Is it a custom migration
that I would have to write to manually read one repo and write to the other?

Thanks for all your help!

BTW, stitches on jackrabbit is going to be powering all the data-driven (not design elements)
images for one of the top tourism sites in the country :)

View raw message