jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Re: how can i speed up nodeiterator?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:04:21 GMT
Alex,
What do you mean by manual navigation?

Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:15:19 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: how can i speed up nodeiterator?

On 6/19/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> Everyone,
> I now have jackrabbit in production, and things seem okay for most users.
>
> The only problem I am having is when some users have more than 200 images, it's very
very slow.
> I am doing an xpath query, and looping through the results to obtain the image content
(not the bytes, but just properties)

> In my search of the archives, I found a respectDocumentOrder, but this does not seem
to improve performance.
>   <param name="respectDocumentOrder" value="false"/>
>
> I was hoping for some additional ideas on how I can improve performance of the NodeIterator.
 I am using the org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.OraclePersistenceManager, if that matters.

> Later, when things are stabilized further, I will send out a link with info for this
very public application.  We have 22k registered users and they are going to be promoting
it via banners, etc... in the coming months.

I had some problems with the performance of XPath queries in the path.
Unfortunately, being under heavy pressure I haven't been able to
diagnosticate the real problem. However, in my case I have switched to
"manual" navigation which proved to be somewhere like 10-100 times faster.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.