jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@git.es>
Subject RE: Reregistering node types
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:46:49 GMT
El mié, 13-06-2007 a las 17:50 +0200, Frédéric Esnault escribió:
> Actually there is a big problem with non trivial changes.
>
> The thing is the involved method (checkForConflictingContent), called whenever you want
to make a non-trivial modification, is not implemented. The only way to safely change your
types would be to implement this method.

> The export/import process you talk about implies that YOU do the check for conflicting
content when you update your exported data....and good luck to update the system view.

> I think you'll have to :
> a/ implement the method;
> b/ wait for someone to implement it;
> c/ don't make non-trivial changes...

I our DMS proyect (OpenKM) we have made some non-trivial changes in the
repo. The solution was to implement an importer/exporter to manage these
node modifications. A sort of "repository converter".

--
Paco Avila <pavila@git.es>