jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From woolly <p.b...@lbs-ltd.com>
Subject Re: Only one Session Per Workspace ? And why the workspace.xml?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 13:33:53 GMT

Hi Stefan, thanks for replying...

>> that's not correct. what leads you to this assumption?

I thought you could only have one session per workspace because of this:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2006/10/04/what-is-java-content-repository.html?page=3
...where it says, "Please note that there is a one-to-one mapping between
session and workspace".

Also, when I run my trial application twice i get the error....

The repository home at C:\Development\JAVA\Eclipse\JCRTrial\repository
appears to be in use since the file at
C:\Development\JAVA\Eclipse\JCRTrial\repository\.lock is locked by another
process.

...although having looked at it I am using the same authentication details
each time so i'll try with different authentication details.

>> you can e.g. specify an OracleFileSystem for the repository and
>> workspaces.
>> everything except the lucene index files would be stored in your oracle
>> db.

In my repository.xml I specify OracleFileSystem and OraclePersistenceManager
for everything but it still creates a repository directory and the file
repository\workspaces\default\workspace.xml. Is that necessary? Also, would
it be possible to store the indexes in the database?
My repository.xml is attached:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11026561/repository.xml repository.xml

Thanks again.

Phil.