jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Importing and Exporting XML
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:36:01 GMT
Phil,
When round-tripping JCR data within XML like this I think the recommendation
is to use exportSysView rather than exportDocumentView.
Hope this helps,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: woolly [mailto:p.barr@lbs-ltd.com]
Sent: 12 June 2007 18:05
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Importing and Exporting XML

Hi all,

Is it possible to import xml into a node, and then export that xml back out
to have the same xml-equivalent file? At the moment I'm trying:

fis = new FileInputStream(inputFile);
session.importXML(node.getPath(), fis,
ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_CREATE_NEW);
fis.close();

// followed by....
out = new FileOutputStream(outputFile);
session.exportDocumentView(node.getPath(), out, true, false);

The difference between inputFile and outputFile seems to be that there are
some additional jcr specific attributes. Is this necessary?

What I'm really trying to do is manage an xml document (eventually many xml
documents), allow people to make changes to only certain parts of it,
versioning those parts and using other JackRabbit features. Is this the kind
of thing that JackRabbit was intended for? Or should I just load the xml
document in as a property of a node and deal with the other things myself?

Thanks for any help,

Phil.