jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefano Minella" <stefanomine...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeTypeRegistry question
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 07:47:13 GMT
Hi Frédéric,
thank you for your precise information.
Fortunately RMI is not mandatory, so I cas use Model 2 Deployment.
I will try...
Thank you
bye
stefano

On 5/25/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:
> You're problem comes from the fact that you're working with RMI. In this case, Workspace.getNodeTypeManager()
doesn't return a NodeTypeManagerImpl, but a ClientNodeTypeManager.

> The ClientNodeTypeManager is kind of a proxy to the remote NodeTypeManager, and gives
access to the remote manager through the NodeTypeManager interface (which only proposes getters,
no registration or reregistration methods).

> As far as I know, it seems impossible to access the NodeTypeManagerImpl API with it.
NodeTypeManagerImpl is implementing the JackrabbitNodeTypeManager interface, which defines
the register and reregister methods, but :
> - ClientNodeTypeManager implements NodeTypeManager;
> - ClientNodeTypeManager holds a RemoteNodeTypeManager, the reference to the remote manager,
but it also implements the NodeTypeManager interface.

> All this to say there seems to be no way to get access to the JackrabbitNodeTypeManager
interface through the ClientNodeTypeManager.