jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Cris Daniluk" <cris.dani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: workspace / repository scalability
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 13:35:00 GMT
> one of our most simple tests to compare persistence manager configurations
> is to just load files (nt:file, nt:resource) into the repository in batches of
> 1000 files per folder (nt:folder). so our structure looks like this:

This is the sort of test I was thinking of coming up with. The only
thing that makes me nervous about relying on the filesystem for
storage is protecting it from "helpful" administrators using it as a
way to bypass the API and fix problems. We replaced a filesystem-based
environment that had a huge orphan problem, etc.

Of course, a lot of that was caused by entirely non-technical issues
and generally crappy design, but the thought still remains..

Are there any storage options that have similar performance
characteristics to fs, without the weak control characteristics? I
know some of the DAV providers have tackled that problem decently
well.

Cris