jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: NodeTypeRegistry question
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 06:17:28 GMT
You're problem comes from the fact that you're working with RMI. In this case, Workspace.getNodeTypeManager()
doesn't return a NodeTypeManagerImpl, but a ClientNodeTypeManager.

The ClientNodeTypeManager is kind of a proxy to the remote NodeTypeManager, and gives access
to the remote manager through the NodeTypeManager interface (which only proposes getters,
no registration or reregistration methods).

As far as I know, it seems impossible to access the NodeTypeManagerImpl API with it. NodeTypeManagerImpl
is implementing the JackrabbitNodeTypeManager interface, which defines the register and reregister
methods, but :
- ClientNodeTypeManager implements NodeTypeManager;
- ClientNodeTypeManager holds a RemoteNodeTypeManager, the reference to the remote manager,
but it also implements the NodeTypeManager interface.

All this to say there seems to be no way to get access to the JackrabbitNodeTypeManager interface
through the ClientNodeTypeManager.

So in this case, RMI is causing the trouble.

Is RMI mandatory for you? Couldn't you try to work with web services or messaging?

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D
Legisway
60 boulevard de la mission Marchand
92400 Courbevoie La Défense