jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: Custom property type?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 05:57:37 GMT
HI Gary,

I was wondering, instead of creating a custom PropertyType, why not creating a child node
instead of a property, and give this child node two properties :
- one STRING property holding the type of the content (ie. PDF, DOC, PS....);
- one BINARY property holding the content itself?

Frederic

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gary Dong [mailto:garydongdev@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 24 mai 2007 03:27
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : Custom property type?

Hi;

Does any know how to define(create) a custom property type? I need to define
some my own property type, for example, .doc or .pdf, so that I can search
the properties by those custom property type. I noticed that the
'PropertyType' class is a final class. I couldn't extend it. Is there any
way I can define(create) a custom property type?

Thank you ahead for the help.

Gary