jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Grizz Lee <grizz_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Properties in multiple languages
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 09:49:15 GMT
Hi all,
I have an application that stores projects with a code and a name in a jackrabbit repository.
In a new version of this application it must be possible to have names in english and in french.
The project is now defined in the cnd file as:
[app:project] > nt:folder
- app:code (string)
- app:name (string)
I don't want to specify the languages in the property names:
[app:project] > nt:folder
- app:code (string)
- app:name-en (string)
- app:name-fr (string)
So I'm thinking to make a name-language childnode:
[app:project] > nt:folder
- app:code (string)
+ * (app:name) multiple
[app:name] > nt:hierarchyNode
- app:name (string)
- app:language (string)
And then use XPath to select the correct childnode for a given language.
Is there a better way to handle multiple languages or is this the way to go?
Comments are welcome.
Explore the seven wonders of the world