jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What are the Jackrabbit Storage Limits?
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 12:49:59 GMT
hi alexandre

On 5/24/07, Alexandre Martins <alexandremartins@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How many nodes i can put in depth and Breadth?

there's no hard-coded limit. wrt breadth the current design is optimized
for small to medium sized child node sets, i.e. up to ~10k child nodes
per node. really large child node sets negatively affect write performance
(in the current design).

> What is the max binary size allowed?
> 100 mb, 1 GB, ...?

it depends on the choice of PersistenceManager. e.g. when using
DerbyPersistenceManager with externalBlobs=false the maximum
size is 2gb. please note that the current default schema for derby
uses a max size of 100mb, but that's something that can be easily
changed.

cheers
stefan