jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on reindexing
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 08:12:09 GMT
hi john

On 5/17/07, John Michael Luy <jmluy17@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not really a jackrabbit user but i'm using Liferay.
> I've got a problem with my Liferay's document library being broken. The
> only thing i can think of is the jackrabbit index is unsynchronized. Is
> there a way to force jackrabbit to reindex? I've seen some posts
> regarding deleting index directories (which i'm not sure what they are).
> Can anybody help me?

first you have to stop the repository.
locate your repository home directory on your disk, it contains the
following subdirectories:

   <rep.home>/repository
   <rep.home>/version
   <rep.home>/workspaces

locate all directories named 'index' in your repository home dir.
you should find at least 2, typically at the following paths:

   <rep.home>/repository/index
   <rep.home>/workspaces/default/index

you can delete those and restart repository. the index be rebuild
automatically on startup.

cheers
stefan