jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any number of child nodes?
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 07:56:44 GMT
On 5/11/07, Kalyan Sarkar <kalyansarkar108@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, I misunderstood the '*' for any name.

'*' does stand for any name, maybe i misunderstood your question ;)

a few examples:

    [foo]
      + * (nt:base)

declares a node type 'foo' which can have any number of child nodes
of type 'nt:base' (i.e., any type) and any name. the names of the child
nodes however must be unique.

    [foo]
      + bar (nt:base) multiple

declares a node type 'foo' which can have any number of child nodes
named 'bar'. so called same-name-sibling nodes are distinguished by
an 1-based index.

    [foo]
      + bar (nt:base)

declares a node type 'foo' which can have 0 or 1 child node
named 'bar'.

cheers
stefan