jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Dufour" <nrduf...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange error between Tomcat, Jackrabbit and Spring
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 17:17:48 GMT
Hello

I got a very strange error by launching my application :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository] to required type [
javax.jcr.Repository] for property 'repository': no matching editors or
conversion strategy found

Or I know that a BindableRepository implements javax.jcr.Repository !!

Here is my beans :

    <bean id="repository"
        <property name="jndiName" value="java:comp/env/jcr/repository" />
        <property name="resourceRef" value="true" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springmodules.jcr.JcrSessionFactory
">
        <property name="repository" ref="repository" />
        <property name="credentials">
            <bean class="javax.jcr.SimpleCredentials">
                <constructor-arg index="0" value="bogus" />
                <constructor-arg index="1" ref="password" />
            </bean>
        </property>
    </bean>

and in server.xml of tomcat I have :

    <Resource
    name="jcr/globalRepository"
    auth="Container"
    type="javax.jcr.Repository"
    factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory"
    configFilePath="<root>/repository.xml"
    repHomeDir="<root>/repository" />

I will try to convert (!!) the BindableRepository to
javax.jcr.Repositoryusing Spring wrappers but I think they should be a
better solution.

Any idea are welcome :)

Thanks

Nicolas