jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Willis Morse <willismo...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Use of Jackrabbit in commercial product and scalability numbers for Jackrabbit w/w/o RMI
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 14:30:49 GMT

On May 14, 2007, at 1:15 AM, ruchi goel wrote:

> Hi ,
>  I would like to know if anyone is using Jackrabbit in live
> commercial/OS   project/product .

We're embedding it into a desktop app as the datastore for a single-
user local desktop product. If this works out well, we'll try adding
a network layer to open it up for workgroup collaboration.

So far the big benefit for us has been developer time savings.
Jackrabbit does so much for you in regards to dependancy tracking and
versioning and XPath searching; we would never have been able to
implement a decent solution in the amount of time that we have.

Our datastores aren't huge, however, so I can't attest to the
scalability.

- Willis Morse