jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering documentation
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 14:53:15 GMT
Hi Andrea,

Since there have been lot of questions recently on how to setup
clustering and what options are available, I created a wiki page:

  http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering

If you find that some important information is missing or wrong,
please do not hesitate to correct it!

On 5/7/07, Andrea K. <akregar@alteanet.it> wrote:
> How is JCA resource (rar file) deployed in a cluster environment?

JCA resource adapter will expect a repository.xml configuration file.
See the wiki page mentioned above to include cluster-specific
configuration details.

> Indexes will be in a cluster-node shared filesystem folder?

No, they won't. Indexes will be held and updated locally, in every
cluster node.

> Can I use a datasource instead of OracleFileSystem/OraclePersistenceManager
> with Oracle DB?

No, this isn't possible. In order to ensure consistency, Jackrabbit
must be in exclusive control of the persistence manager's JDBC
connection.

Kind regards
Dominique