jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deadlock in DatabasePersistenceManager
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 11:09:09 GMT
Hi,

On 5/25/07, Nick Stolwijk <nick_stolwijk@planet.nl> wrote:
> However, we also want to use a database pool instead of the one
> connection Jackrabbit uses. For this I'm looking into a one connection
> per session. Are there any known drawbacks in that scenario? Would this
> be a patch the jackrabbit community would be interested in?

The current persistence managers assume a long-lived database
connection, preferably one that covers the lifetime of the repository.
See [1] and [2] for previous threads on this subject. If you're
interested in working on this, see [3] for some draft code.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/6166
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/2440
[3] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/2436/focus=2552

BR,