jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backup Tool
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 10:24:40 GMT
Hi,

On 5/23/07, harvey waters <harvey.waters@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've already looked at the (JCR-891 and very nice it is too). Presently I'm
> using it, but of course it uses the importXML so it can't do any export of
> version histories either. I thought, I might be wrong here, that the two
> tools were different in that the backup tool was designed to do system
> content (version history) where as the JCR-891 contribution was really just
> for content.

Correct.

> Am I right in thinking that to back-up and restore we need to change
> jackrabbit core itself in order to gain access to the protected system
> content (version history) ?

That's right. We couldn't reach consensus on what those internal
changes should be (see Jira and the dev list archives for the
discussions), which is the main reason why the backup tool never got
finished. Renewed efforts on that front would of course be very much
welcome.

BR,

Jukka Zitting