jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom node types with RMI
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 07:37:28 GMT
Hi,

On 5/15/07, Sudhan <s.kanade@gmail.com> wrote:
> Earlier i was using jackrabbit 1.2.1, but now after your suggestion -
> downloaded 1.3 version and tried implementing the custom node type
> registration code. But it is failing because the NodeTypeManager which it is
> returing is ClientNodeTypeManager and when i cast it to
> JackrabbitNodeTypeManager it is giving ClassCast Exception.
>
> Is there any thing which i am missing.

Ah, sorry, my mistake. To be able to use the Jackrabbit-specific
features you need to use the JackrabbitClientAdapterFactory [1] and
JackrabbitServerAdapterFactory [2] classes in your client and server
code instead of the standard ClientAdapterFactory and
ServerAdapterFactory classes. The reason for this is to keep the
jackrabbit-api dependency optional for clients and servers that don't
need or implement this functionality.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/rmi/jackrabbit/JackrabbitClientAdapterFactory.html
[2] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/rmi/jackrabbit/JackrabbitServerAdapterFactory.html

BR,