jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Creating custom node types through WebDAV (was: Re: drawbacks to using custom types?)
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 06:30:36 GMT
hi sudhan

>> So how can I create those custom node types through WebDav.

with the current implementation(s) you can't.

the reason for this is, that we deliberately limited the
functionality to JSR170 in order to keep the implementation(s)
compatible with any particular jsr170 implementation and
not to bind it to jackrabbit-core.

creating and registering new nodetypes will be part of
jsr283 and we might find a solution to make that functionality
available over webdav, as soon as the webdav part will be
migrated to cover jsr283 functionality.

for the time being you have to help yourself with creating
nodetypes directly on the RMI layer or create your own
DavResource/Factory/Locator implementation that somehow
exposes the nodetypes present in the Repository as webdav
resources and this way allows to create new ones.

kind regards
angela