jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Steven Githens <sgith...@caret.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: drawbacks to using custom types?
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 05:35:16 GMT
Hi,

I've just started looking into these issues in the last week myself.  As
far as accessing files via WebDAV , you can set a list node types in
config.xml that should or should not be considered collections, as well
as namespace that should not show up in WebDAV, and finally you can
implement a custom filter for more fine grained control. ( These are all
fairly well documented in the config.xml ).

If you need more control over the nodetypes created when users upload
files, you can implement a custom IOHandler and/or PropertyHandler to
register in config.xml.  In your canImport methods you check for the
file type, and return true if you want to control adding it to the
repository on the WebDAV operation, making it whatever node type you want.

-Steve