jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Using nt:linkedFile's in WebDav
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 08:35:26 GMT
hi

> I currently have the Jackrabbit WebDAV pointing to a repository we are
> using.  In my repository I've programmatically created some nodes of
> type nt:linkedFile that Reference other nt:folders in the repository.

but nt:folder is not referenceable, right? i assume, you added the
mixin manually...

> When I click on one of the nt:linkedFile's in a WebDAV it just shows the
> empty folder (since it has no child nodes).

your nt:linkedFile is recognized as 'collection', because in the default
configuration it is not listed in the <noncollection> section. if it
was listed there, the nt:linkedFile would be displayed as non-collection
resource, which is probably not what you want, if your nt:linkedFile
points to nt:folder nodes.

> Is there a way to get the JackRabbit WebDAV to follow the Reference in a
> nt:linkedFile to the linked directory?

you can add a custom 'IOHandler' implementation (see config.xml again)
that resolves the reference stored in the jcr:content property of your
nt:linkedFile.

hope that helps
angela