jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Steven Githens <sgith...@caret.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Using nt:linkedFile's in WebDav
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 09:05:28 GMT
Julian Reschke wrote:
> Steven Githens wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I currently have the Jackrabbit WebDAV pointing to a repository we
>> are using.  In my repository I've programmatically created some nodes
>> of type nt:linkedFile that Reference other nt:folders in the repository.
>>
>> When I click on one of the nt:linkedFile's in a WebDAV it just shows
>> the empty folder (since it has no child nodes).
>>
>> Is there a way to get the JackRabbit WebDAV to follow the Reference
>> in a nt:linkedFile to the linked directory?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>
> It should be possible to map them to HTTP redirects (see WebDAV
> redirect extensions spec:
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc4437.html>).
>
> Best regards, Julian
Thanks for the pointer.  How would you go about mapping this in
JackRabbit?  Is this WebDAV extension supported by the bulk of WebDAV
clients (or does it come for free as a function of HTTP? Sorry I haven't
been able to read all the way through it yet :)  )  Would this work if
you were navigating to several folders below the nt:linkedFolder?

So for example,
http://server/wrkspc/wow

was a linkedFile to the 'hello' in

http://server/wrkspc/hello/again/image.gif

would,
http://server/wrkspc/wow/again/image.gif   still work?

Also, I'm wondering if this functionality could be implemented by adding
custom hooks to a DavLocatorFactory, or one of the other interfaces in
the nearby packages.  So you could essentially add a custom hook to
resolve the node that should be looked up if it contained
nt:linkedFile's without necessarily redirecting.  I'm pretty new to
these API's so any suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve