jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: NodeIterator vs RowIterator
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 10:21:44 GMT
Noah Vihinen wrote:
> For best performance, should I prefer NodeIterator or RowIterator, given
> that I'm retrieving the set of all schema-defined properties on a node
> type?  Should the performance be exactly the same with the following two
> implementations?

the performance will be almost the same, because a RowIterator is backed
basically backed by a NodeIterator. The only difference you will see is the
number of properties returned for each result node. per jsr 170 a row only
returns single valued properties, whereas a Node returns both single and
multi-valued properties.

regards
  marcel