jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Xpath query with number
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 18:50:14 GMT
Amir Mistric wrote:
> Thanks for the reply... So does only the first digit in the path slice
> substring (between '/') needs encoding or do I just encode the whole thing?
> Also, do you recommend I use org.apache.jackrabbit.util.ISO9075 to do this or
> something else?

yes you only need to encode the first digit because XML does not allow digits as
the first character of a name. but there are also other characters the need
encoding, e.g. a space. which means, you should run all names through the
ISO9075 utility when you create an XPath statement.

> P.S. Will SQL queries in Jackrabbit ever support relative paths like XPath
> does or is this something not planned?

it is currently not planned because the JCR specification does not mention
relative paths in the where clause and how it should work.

regards
  marcel