jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Re: JCR and Domain Model or Business Logic?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 18:00:02 GMT
What I do is store the path of the node in my domain layer.

For example, a Product object, you could a string property to hold the path to the node in
jackrabbit that stores the image.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ali Sakebi" <ali.sakebi@gmail.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:59:37 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: JCR and Domain Model or Business Logic?

Hi

I want to use JCR as data storage back-end in my web app but I still
need to expose the domain layer to front end UI. Can some one please
guide me how can I do this, how can mix them together? Is there any
design pattern available?
Is it possible to add business logic to nodes or should I use wrappers?
Should I inject JCR objects into domain model and vice versa?
Is it the same issue as OR impedance mismatch?

And how can I do node-based updates/commits instead of session commit?

Regards,
Ali