jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Re: Custom property type?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 17:59:00 GMT
Are nodes of type nt:resource editable via a Webdav client?

Thanks;)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:44:33 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: Custom property type?

On 5/24/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:
> HI Gary,
>
> I was wondering, instead of creating a custom PropertyType, why not creating a child
node instead of a property, and give this child node two properties :
> - one STRING property holding the type of the content (ie. PDF, DOC, PS....);
> - one BINARY property holding the content itself?

there's already a built-in node type nt:resource that you can use:

[nt:resource] > mix:referenceable
  - jcr:encoding (string)
  - jcr:mimeType (string) mandatory
  - jcr:data (binary) primary mandatory
  - jcr:lastModified (date) mandatory ignore

cheers
stefan