jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sridhar Raman" <sridhar.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting lock manager object
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 09:00:25 GMT
I am designing a UI-based system that does the following:
On going to a particular screen, the node is locked, and later, even if the
user were to drift out the screen, and come back, he should be able to
modify the node.
But once the node is locked, other sessions shouldn't be allowed to enter
the screen.

To trap this, I check whether the node is locked every time a user enters
the screen.  But the fault in this method is that the session holding the
lock also is filtered away.  The workaround for this is to get the
lockmanager, and see whether the node is locked by the session or not.  But
there seems to be no getLockManager() method implementation in jackrabbit.
Is it there?  Or, is there another way of getting it?

Thanks,
Sridhar