jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Amir Mistric" <amist...@nemours.org>
Subject RE: Xpath query with number
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 12:01:03 GMT
Marcel

Thanks for the reply...
So does only the first digit in the path slice substring (between '/') needs encoding or do
I just encode the whole thing?
Also, do you recommend I use org.apache.jackrabbit.util.ISO9075 to do this or something else?

P.S.
Will SQL queries in Jackrabbit ever support relative paths like XPath does or is this something
not planned?

Thanks

Amir

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Reutegger [mailto:marcel.reutegger@gmx.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 5:11 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xpath query with number

Hi Amir,

Amir Mistric wrote:
> According to this issue (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-579)
> , Id be better off to use SQL syntax. But now I have a different
> problem...How do I achieve the same result in SQL? I haven't been able
> to query MetaData part..

I think you should still use XPath and use the encoding as specified in jsr 170.

> In another words this does not work:
>
> SELECT * FROM nt:base WHERE jcr:path LIKE
> '/www-site1-org/mediaroom/press/2006[%]/%' AND tag='news' AND
> mgnl:template='np-article'
>
> I am guessing because 'tag' and 'mgnl:template' are not on the same
> "level"....

The query you have cannot be expressed in SQL because SQL does not support relative paths
in an expression.

> Any help is appreciated...

You should use XPath and encode the node name:

/jcr:root/www-site1-org/mediaroom/press/_x0032_006//element(*,nt:base)[@tag='news'
and MetaData/@mgnl:template='np-article'] order by @date descending

regards
  marcel