jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject drawbacks to using custom types?
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 13:25:22 GMT
Most of my node types map well to the nt:folder/nt:resource nodetypes, however, there are a
few string properties that I need to store.  For example, "displayName" or "description"

I understand how I can define these as properties for my custom node types, but if I do, do
I lose the ability to manage these nodes from webdav or other interfaces?

Would it be better to define these as properties on my custom nodetype?
Or
Sould I create a nt:folder and for each of the values that I want to store (description, displayName),
I create a nt:file to store this information.

Another way of asking the question is, What editing tools to you give up when you go with
a custom nodetype, is it better to stick with the base types?

Thanks very much.
Phillip