jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Re: JCR and Domain Model or Business Logic?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 19:50:03 GMT
I don't know if I have the best design, but I use separate persistance mechanisms for my objects.

For JCR objects, I use one spring service, for my hibernate objects, I use another spring
service.

My hibernate objects maintain a string property of the path to the Node (e.g. the product
image)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ali Sakebi" <ali.sakebi@gmail.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:45:21 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: JCR and Domain Model or Business Logic?

So u use jcr object as data object, and wrap them or textual reference
to them with business logic objects?

How do u manage lifecycle (loading, CRUD) of ur objects graph/tree?
Is ur jcr persistence transparent to ur domain model?

What about other patterns, is it common to implement business logic
using transactional script  pattern and use jcr objects as data
objects?

On 5/24/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> What I do is store the path of the node in my domain layer.
>
> For example, a Product object, you could a string property to hold the path to the node
in jackrabbit that stores the image.