jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Hendrik Beck \(camunda\)" <hendrik.b...@camunda.com>
Subject Web-based JCR Explorer project on SourceForge
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 17:29:50 GMT
Hi!

Some weeks ago we decided to put some code we had (for company-internal
tool) into an Open-Source application on SourceForge. It is a web-based JCR
explorer tool that allows users to browse, edit and maintain repository
content via web browser. The project bases on relatively plain JSF and is
developed and tested using Jackrabbit.

It is still in a pretty early stage of development but some functionality is
already there:

- Navigation through nodes
- Edit of content, i.e. adding and removing of nodes and properties, editing
property values etc.
- Import/Export of content
- Queries
- Locking
- Checkout/Checkin
- Displaying general repository information

It all can grow and become more sophisticated (not to mention the UI), but
it might be a start. So if you are interested, just check it out. Feedback,
requests, bugs and all that are very welcome and appreciated, of course. The
project is also meant to be "real" Open-Source, so contributions of all kind
are welcome, also co-developers.

Ok, so far for now, here's the URL:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcr-webexplorer/

Cheers
Hendrik

camunda GmbH - The Business Process Company
Mühlwehrstraße 43 - 97980 Bad Mergentheim
www.camunda.com - info@camunda.com
Hendrik Beck
Entwickler
Telefon +49 7931 99190-400
hendrik.beck@camunda.com
Amtsgericht Ulm: HRB 680804
Geschäftsführer: Bernd Rücker, Oliver Fischer