jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luca Tagliani <l.tagli...@prismaeng.it>
Subject Re: Architectural question (CM application)
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 10:39:33 GMT

Hi Jukka,
 the reason for this requirement is that every sub-area potentially could
add some information to the "common" nodetype definition.
Another requirement is that this customization of the nodetype must be
possible from a web interface.

If I have correctly understood your proposal, If I add child nodes specific
for a sub-area I have to verify every time I access (or create) a node of
that type if there are sub-nodes containing the specific information and
then treat this information as I need.
I think that adding mixin property for each customer (or, better, each
sub-area) it's similar to this.

I'm now thinking of using a default workspace, used only by the "admin" user
which serves only for creating other workspace (one for each customer).

Each time I create a new workspace, I then define the "common" nodetypes
with namespace suited to the workspace name (for example). Then, I can model
the different sub-area with folders under the workspace.
Every time I define a sub-area, if the user in that sub-area wants to add
some information to the "common" nodetype definition, where can I store this
information? Probably I can create a child nodetype containing the
properties added, and modify the "common" nodetype definition of that
workspace.

Do you think there's a different approach I can use?

BR,

Luca