jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luca Tagliani <l.tagli...@prismaeng.it>
Subject Node search based on children properties
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 08:02:53 GMT

Hi all,
  i'm facing with the following problem:

I have a logical hierarchy made by "Documents" and "Folders";
"Folders" can contain some other "Folders" and "Documents";
the same "Document" can logically be positioned under several "Folders".

I thought to model the nodes in a hierarchy of path

E.g.:
/Folder1
/Folder1/Folder2
/Folder1/Document1
/Folder1/Folder2/Document1

I have two questions:
1. Is this the correct model for the entities involved?
2. Is it possible to have the same node under two different nodes (using the
path)?
3. How can I find a "Folder" basing the search on one of its contained
"Document" property?

Help and suggestions are welcome
Thanks

Luca Tagliani