jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Renaming node property
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 06:27:18 GMT
We've found Node type modifications a little tricky to resolve.

If you're changing a property name from X to Y then one solution is to:

 * export the affected workspace(s) to XML using exportsysview
 * empty the workspace(s)
 * update the types used by your JackRabbit install which can be achieved by
replacing the custom_nodetypes.xml file
 * do a search and replace in your exported XML replacing X with Y.
 * reimport.

Another alternative could be to update your type so that X & Y temporarily
co-exist. Create a script to copy X values to Y, and then remove property X.
Modify your types to remove X. This would require some simple Java code to
be written.

Hope this helps,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tako Schotanus [mailto:quintesse@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 May 2007 07:19
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Renaming node property

It depends, if the node definition allows free choice of property names you
could follow the steps that you described by deleting and re-adding it with
a new name.

But if the property name is defined by the node definition I think you're
out of luck. At least I don't think there is a simple solution.
You might be able to change the node type by removing all nodes of that type
and have some script re-add the data using the new node structure but I'm
not sure this is implemented yet in JackRabbit. So surely one of the gurus
here will correct me :-)

Cheers,
 -Tako