jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject JNDI and BundleDbPersistenceManager
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 10:39:31 GMT
Hi all,
Am I correct to conclude - BundleDbPersistenceManagers are the recommended
configuration for Jackrabbit?

JNDI is not really recommended from a performance perspective even though
JNDI has the significant benefit of externalising the connection properties
to the application server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Barriball [mailto:sbarriba@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 18 May 2007 14:59
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: BundleDbPersistenceManager and JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager

Hi all,
I've read various posts about the performance benefits of using the new
Bundle persistence managers.

Ideally we'd like to externalise the database connection properties from the
repository.xml via a JNDI resource but can anyone confirm if it is possible
to  a) use a JNDI database resource, and also b) leverage the benefits of
the bundle persistence managers?

View raw message