jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Backing up a repository
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 06:35:02 GMT
Jeremy,
Have you considered using the exportsystemview method?

This is available programmatically on session or we have been using the
command line utility (a contributed component) which provides "exportsysview
/home c:/temp/home.xml" functionality.

Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Volkman [mailto:jvolkman@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 May 2007 21:27
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Backing up a repository

Hi all,

We're currently using Jackrabbit as the store for our internal CMS, and I'm
looking for a way to perform nightly backups on our repository.  We're
currently using the DerbyPersistenceManager for both versions and
workspaces.  Does Jackrabbit have any built-in functionality for performing
backups, or should I simply make a copy of the repository directory?  In the
latter case, do I have to shutdown the repository before doing so?
Optimally I'd be able to lock the repository and make a backup, having
subsequent writes to the repository simply block.

I've looked at the contributed BackupTool, but it seems to be developed
against Jackrabbit 1.1, and we're currently using 1.2.3 (and may move to
1.3).

Thanks,
Jeremy Volkman